Your Legal Costs When Setting Out Your Last Will & Testament
Our Probate Fees
Stachiw Bashir Green’s probate team understand that dealing with the estate of a loved one is a sensitive matter at a difficult time. We use our experience and expertise to make things as easy for you as possible. Our fees are very competitive and are detailed below.
Speak to us today on: 01274 404010
The Services We Provide To You
Applying for the grant, collecting and distributing the assets
As part of our service we will:
- Provide you with a dedicated and experienced probate solicitor to work on your matter
- Identify the legally appointed executors or administrators and beneficiaries
- Accurately identify the type of Probate application you will require
- Obtain the relevant documents required to make the application
- Complete the Probate Application and the relevant HMRC forms
- Draft a legal oath for you to swear
- Make the application to the Probate Court on your behalf
- Obtain the Probate and securely send two copies to you
- Collect and distribute all assets in the estate
How Long & How Much?
We anticipate this will take between 10 and 20 hours work at £220 per hour so that total costs are estimated at £2200 – £4400 +VAT.
The exact cost will depend on the individual circumstances of the matter. For example, if there is one beneficiary and no property, costs will be at the lower end of the range. If there are multiple beneficiaries, a property and multiple bank accounts, costs will be at the higher end.
We will handle the full process for you. This estimate is for estates where:
- There is a valid will
- There is no more than one property
- There are no more than 2 bank or building society accounts
- There are no other intangible assets
- There are 1-5 beneficiaries
- There are no disputes between beneficiaries on division of assets. If disputes arise this is likely to lead to an increase in costs
- There is no inheritance tax payable and the executors do not need to submit a full account to HMRC
- There are no claims made against the estate
- If there is no will or the estate consists of any share holdings (stocks and bonds) there are likely to be additional costs that could range significantly depending on the estate and how it is to be dealt with. We can give you a more accurate quote once we have more information.
- If any additional copies of the grant are required, they will cost 50p each (1 per asset usually).
- Dealing with the sale or transfer of any property in the estate is not included.
On average, estates that fall within this range are dealt with within 3-6 months. Typically, obtaining the grant of probate takes 2-6 weeks. Collecting assets then follows, which can take between 2 and 4 months. Once this has been done, we can distribute the assets, which normally takes 2-4 weeks.